(The Montgomerys and Armstrongs #1)
Author: Maya Banks
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published
September 25th 2012
by Ballantine Books
"This sinfully
sexy new romance from Maya Banks features a remarkable woman whose rare
gift teaches a gruff Scottish warrior how to listen with his heart.
Eveline Armstrong is fiercely loved and protected by her powerful clan, but outsiders consider her “touched.” Beautiful, fey, with a level, intent gaze, she doesn’t speak. No one, not even her family, knows that she cannot hear. Content with her life of seclusion, Eveline has taught herself to read lips and allows the outside world to view her as daft. But when an arranged marriage into a rival clan makes Graeme Montgomery her husband, Eveline accepts her duty—unprepared for the delights to come. Graeme is a rugged warrior with a voice so deep and powerful that his new bride can hear it, and hands and kisses so tender and skilled that he stirs her deepest passions.
Graeme is intrigued by the mysterious Eveline, whose silent lips are ripe with temptation and whose bright, intelligent eyes can see into his soul. As intimacy deepens, he learns her secret. But when clan rivalries and dark deeds threaten the wife he has only begun to cherish, the Scottish warrior will move heaven and earth to save the woman who has awakened his heart to the beautiful song of a rare and magical love." (From Goodreads)
Eveline Armstrong is fiercely loved and protected by her powerful clan, but outsiders consider her “touched.” Beautiful, fey, with a level, intent gaze, she doesn’t speak. No one, not even her family, knows that she cannot hear. Content with her life of seclusion, Eveline has taught herself to read lips and allows the outside world to view her as daft. But when an arranged marriage into a rival clan makes Graeme Montgomery her husband, Eveline accepts her duty—unprepared for the delights to come. Graeme is a rugged warrior with a voice so deep and powerful that his new bride can hear it, and hands and kisses so tender and skilled that he stirs her deepest passions.
Graeme is intrigued by the mysterious Eveline, whose silent lips are ripe with temptation and whose bright, intelligent eyes can see into his soul. As intimacy deepens, he learns her secret. But when clan rivalries and dark deeds threaten the wife he has only begun to cherish, the Scottish warrior will move heaven and earth to save the woman who has awakened his heart to the beautiful song of a rare and magical love." (From Goodreads)
After reading Maya Banks McCabe Trilogy, (a series I love so much!!) she became one of my favorite historical romance author. I've never cried before while reading a book, but man! Alaric and Keeley's story had tears coming. When I found out that Maya Banks was writing another highlander series I was so excited! =)
On September 25th 2012, I finally got my hands on Never Seduce a Scot. And WOW! It just blew me away. Protecting and wanting the best for their clan were more important to them than what they wanted for their self. Even though their marriage was a forced marriage by their king, Graeme and Eveline both followed through on it and accepted their fate.
After hearing rumors about his bride to be being daft and unable to have children, it had him giving up his hopes and dreams, but after meeting her for the first time, he knew there was more to Eveline than what people thought of her. And that's what made me fall for him. Graeme is such an honorable and loyal person. Even with Eveline being the the daughter of his sworn enemy, he still supported her at every turn. He wouldn't let his own clan talk badly about her and wanted them to accept her. And eventually he slowly fell in love with her.
Eveline is such a strong, smart, and beautiful woman. She grew up with a normal life but one day after trying to run away from a betrothal she didn't want, she fell off her horse and it changed her life forever. She'd lost her hearing after the accident, and played being daft person so that her father wouldn't force her to marry her former betrothal that she clearly did not want. Three years after the accident, another betrothal was headed her way again. Eveline was put into a difficult position but she made the best out of it. After being forced to marry the enemy of her clan, Eveline did everything she can to be accepted by the Montgomery Clan, but was humiliated and insulted at all ends. Even then, she still did not give up. I love the fact that she was such a strong character that was able to handle everything that was thrown at her. I wouldn't know what to do if I was ever in her position, and for that I give her props and admire how strong, and courageous she is.
I love the relationship and romance that Graeme and Eveline have. It was a slow burning love that kept on building up. It's the type of love and romance that every woman has dreamed of. This story was beautifully written to the point where the reader could feel the characters emotion and what they are going through. To me, it was that GOOD! I love just this book! I love where Maya Banks is going with the story, and cannot wait until the next book in this series comes out. This is a must read! =)









">






























Great review! This sounds like a great read. I'll need to check it out. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! Yes, this book was amazing. I really hope you get a chance to check it out. If you haven't read her other highlander books, those are must reads too. =)
DeleteI love the McCabe trilogy and have added the three brothers, their fierce and lovely women and their clans (McCabe/McDonald)to the list of my adopted fictional families.
ReplyDeleteI have the Montgomerys and Armstrongs on my TBR, but after reading your great review I'll have to move them up in the pecking order.
Definitely! If I were to have an adopted fictional family it would be a huge family! LOL
DeleteThank you for stopping by! =)