Thursday, November 8, 2012

Review: Lord's Fall (Elder Races #5) by Thea Harrison

Lord's Fall
(Elder Races #5)

Author: Thea Harrison
Mass Market Paperback, 281 pages
Published November 6th 2012 by Berkley 
 
"In the latest Novel of the Elder Races, two mates find themselves on different paths, torn between their duty to the Wyr and the passion that binds them… Before she met Dragos, half-human/half-Wyr Pia Giovanni was alone and on the run. Now she’s mated, pregnant and heading south to repair the Wyrs’ frayed relationship with the Elves. Being separated from Dragos is painful, but for the good of the Wyr demesne they need to figure out how to be partners—in more places than just the bedroom. In New York to preside over the Sentinel Games, Dragos is worried about his mate, but knows that finding two replacement sentinels is essential to show the rest of the Elder Races just how strong and brutal the Wyr demesne can be. But as the Games heat up, Pia’s negotiations with the Elves take a turn for the dangerous, straining her bond with Dragos and threatening everything they hold dear…" (From Goodreads)

I was super excited when I heard that Pia and Dragos were getting another book. I love their relationship and how they balance each other. Pia is still the same from the first book, still kick-ass, strong, and doesn't take bull-shit from anyone. Only thing is, she's pregnant. =)  Dragos is also still the same, but you definitely get to see a different side of him in this book. He definitely loves and cares for Pia. I love how he isn't afraid to show how much he values Pia. All the scene's with Pia and Dragos are sweet and soo swoon worthy! =D I love Peanut! He's just a baby but he's so awesome already! Would definitely want to read about him when he's older.
 
This book also introduces new characters that are kick-ass! I think Eva and her gang are awesome! They started off as just guards for Pia when she traveled to South Carolina, but after everything they went through together, they became friends. I'm so happy Quienten was in this book. Although we didn't get to see much of him in the first book, I've been intrigued with him since then. I think something will definitely happen between him and Aryal. Alex, the pegasus, is an interesting character. I hope we see more of him in future Elder Races books. *I hope he gets his own book. =P*  

This book did not disappoint. I loved everything. Thea Harrison did an amazing job bringing back Pia and Dragos. She was able to make Pia and Dragos relationship sexy, and just as funny as the first book. I don't think I can ever get tired of Pia and Dragos. =) Lord's Fall had a great storyline with some pretty awesome new characters that are just developing. It had everything from romance and humor to action and drama. It was an amazing book, and definitely looking forward to reading the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment