by Karen Marie Moning
Hardcover, First Edition, 495 pages
Published
October 30th 2012
by Delacorte Press
"From #1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning comes the first book in her hotly anticipated new urban paranormal trilogy, set in the world of her blockbuster Fever series.
The year is 1 AWC—After the Wall Crash. The Fae are free and hunting us. It’s a war zone out there, and no two days are alike. I’m Dani O’Malley, the chaos-filled streets of Dublin are my home, and there’s no place I’d rather be.
Dani “Mega” O’Malley plays by her own set of rules—and in a world overrun by Dark Fae, her biggest rule is: Do what it takes to survive. Possessing rare talents and the all-powerful Sword of Light, Dani is more than equipped for the task. In fact, she’s one of the rare humans who can defend themselves against the Unseelie. But now, amid the pandemonium, her greatest gifts have turned into serious liabilities.
Dani’s ex–best friend, MacKayla Lane, wants her dead, the terrifying Unseelie princes have put a price on her head, and Inspector Jayne, the head of the police force, is after her sword and will stop at nothing to get it. What’s more, people are being mysteriously frozen to death all over the city, encased on the spot in sub-zero, icy tableaux.
When Dublin’s most seductive nightclub gets blanketed in hoarfrost, Dani finds herself at the mercy of Ryodan, the club’s ruthless, immortal owner. He needs her quick wit and exceptional skill to figure out what’s freezing Fae and humans dead in their tracks—and Ryodan will do anything to ensure her compliance.
Dodging bullets, fangs, and fists, Dani must strike treacherous bargains and make desperate alliances to save her beloved Dublin—before everything and everyone in it gets iced." (From Goodreads)
_________________________________________________________________________________
This review will be different from all of my other reviews. I just feel like if I start going off about how much I love this book there will definitely be a lot of spoilers and I don't want that to happen. *quotes taken from ICED*
Dani- I wish I was like her when I was 14! She is kick-ass and wants to save the world. Doesn't take any bull-shit from anyone and had to grow up really fast because of what is going on around her. She still has a lot of growing up to do and I cannot wait to read more about her journey.
“I’ve got the coolest gig in the world. I’m a superhero.” - Dani
"You're going to be one hell of a woman one day, Dani."
- Ryodan
Ryodan- Whoa! Super sexy-alpha male!! who doesn't love that? He is very mysterious, dangerous and sexy as hell. Very manipulative when he wants something from you. Similar to Barrons, yet VERY different!! Love Ryodan!! Need more Ryodan!!! =P
“One day, kid, you'll be willing to mortgage your fucking soul for somebody." - Ryodan
“Barrons breaks heads. Ryodan turns them inside out. Barrons fucks you up. Ryodan makes you fuck yourself up. He pushes buttons to his own private, coolly sociopathic plan.”- Christian
Christian- The Christian from the Fever books has totally changed! Seriously! I really liked him from the Fever books but in ICED he is not the same anymore. To me, he became this weird, creepy, stalker of Dani. It's heartbreaking to see him change dramatically, but I hope we will get to see more of his side of the story and the struggles he is going through.
"She reminds me of my Highlands--to which I can never return."- Christian
"The back of his shirt is stained with blood and his spine presses knobby and weird against it. It's creepy"- Dani
Lor- LOL, I love Lor! He's just so cool and hilarious. I hope we get to see more of him!
"I'll never get laid trying to keep you safe. You're a train wreck on steroids." - Lor
"Brute force is Lor's usual way of dealing with things. His idea of seduction is capture-and-abduct. You don't want to catch this dude's eye."- Dani
Crimson Hag- This creature is disgustingly cool! She collects guts from her victims and knits them onto her unfinished gown that is made of guts! We will definitely get to see more of her in the next book!
"The Crimson Hag is the most revolting creature I've ever seen. Worse than the Grey Woman, worse than the Unseelie princes, worse even than Papa Roach, and I have a special hatred for roaches. "- Dani
I've waited sooo long for this book and it did not disappoint! I think Karen Mare Moning did an awesome job at giving us POV's from Dani, Christian and Kate. Kinda wished we had a POV from Ryodan too, but I think there's too much going on in his head to even put everything into words. LOL The bickering between Dani and Ryodan is hilarious! I do hope they both end up together, and YES although there is a huge age difference, who gives a shit! I sure don't! LOL. I LOVE this book! It is a MUST READ! But definitely read the Fever series first. I cannot believe how she ended this book with that cliffhanger! Cannot wait until BURNED comes out. =) Karen Marie Moning is an AMAZING author!









">






























No comments:
Post a Comment