The Warrior (Return of the Highlanders #3)
Author: Margaret Mallory
Mass Market Paperback, 355 pages
Published
October 30th 2012
by Forever
"Four fearless
warriors return to the Highlands to claim their lands and legacies. But
all their trials on the battlefield can't prepare them for their
greatest challenge yet: winning the hearts of four willful Scottish
beauties.
Star-Crossed
Star-Crossed
From the Isle
of Skye to the battlefields of France, Duncan MacDonald has never
escaped the memory of the true love he left behind. Deemed unworthy of a
chieftain's daughter, Duncan abandoned the lovely Moira to prove his
worth in battle. Now, when called upon to rescue her from a rival clan,
one thing is certain: Moira's pull on his heart is stronger than ever.
Bartered away in marriage to a violent man, Moira will do anything to ensure she and her son survive. When a rugged warrior arrives to save her, the desperate beauty thinks her prayers have been answered—until she realizes it's Duncan. The man who once broke her heart is now her only hope. Moira vows never again to give herself—or reveal her secrets—to the fierce warrior, but as they race across the sea, danger and desire draw them ever closer." (From Goodreads)
Bartered away in marriage to a violent man, Moira will do anything to ensure she and her son survive. When a rugged warrior arrives to save her, the desperate beauty thinks her prayers have been answered—until she realizes it's Duncan. The man who once broke her heart is now her only hope. Moira vows never again to give herself—or reveal her secrets—to the fierce warrior, but as they race across the sea, danger and desire draw them ever closer." (From Goodreads)
____________________________________________________________________________
Duncan MacDonald has fallen in love with his best friend's(Connor) sister, Moria, the chieftain's daughter...When the chieftain found out about their young love, he was furious and sent Duncan away with his son Connor and Connor's two cousin( Ian and Alex) to France to fight the English. Duncan doesn't want to go but being a bastard son, he felt he didn't deserve Moria's love. After being lied to by her father, Moria thought Duncan had abandoned her because he didn't want to marry her. When Duncan left for France, Moria found herself pregnant with Duncan's child and was quickly married off to another. Moria found herself married to an abusive and vicious man name Sean MacQuillan.
Years later, Duncan is asked to rescue her from the MacQuillans after the MacDonald's old seer, Tearlag, foreseen a vision of Moria in danger. The last person Moria wants to see is Duncan MacDonald, the man who took her heart and broke it. When Duncan shows up at the MacQuillans, Moria's heart still aches after many years. She thinks he doesn't deserve to know about the child and a second chance at her heart. As she is rescued by Duncan and taken away from MacQuillan on a long journey back home to MacDonald land, it shows that their love for one another has never faded...
I really love this series! It is one of the best historical romance series I've read...This book is action packed, heart-wrenching, and an emotional roller coaster ride. What I really love about this book is that after many years of being hurt, and not see each other for a long time, they really still love each other and that is what you call true love. There were a few times when Moria got on my nerves, but after seeing what she went through I can understand her reasons for her being the way she was to Duncan. Duncan is definitely one of my favorite highlanders from this series. I love how he is so determine to earn her love again and was willing to do anything for her. These two definitely deserved the happy ending and I am glad that in the end, Duncan was able to find it in himself that he is worthy of Moria and her love for him. Love this book and cannot wait to read Connor and Ilysa's story. =D









">






























I inherited a spanking new copy of The Warrior from a friend. Actually, I swiped it;) She had it sitting buried in a pile for a while. The blurb sounded so good and I just can't resist a good Highlander Historical Romance:) I don't have books 1 and 2 yet which is the only thing keeping me from diving into this one. After reading your review, it's going to be even more difficult to resist. Now, I just have to hope my will power is strong enough to hold out until I get he other books.
ReplyDelete